Monday, March 24, 2014

Looking for Spring

Officially it is the first week of Spring so on Sunday I went looking for the signs. I decided to take my wire compost bin to the garden and see how my little plot fared over the winter.

As you can see it is looking great!

For the most part the leaves pretty much stayed on top of the beds and even the garlic is coming up.


The bark mulch is still looking pretty good and I love the way it looks with bits of acorn in it.


After setting up my composter and checking out what is coming up (mostly flowers) I took a walk to search for more signs of spring. They weren't hard to find.

 Hyacinth popping up in my flower bed

 The swallows have returned in full force!

 And the robins too!

Even the boot has survived!

 One of my favorite garden plots waiting

 Reflections in the water soaked grass. We have had a lot of rain!

The beautiful tree shapes near an abandoned building

Sedum Autumn Joy just waiting to burst open

Moss on a tree branch
Last but not least some wonderful colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment